7 REASONS YOUR RETAIL BUSINESS SHOULD BE ONLINE
Today, if someone wants more information about a company, they’re most likely to do their research online. Whether shoppers are looking for your company specifically, or they just want to find any company that offers the products or services that your company offers, having an online presence will give your retail business a competitive edge.
The benefits of having an online presence:
- Company Image and CredibilityDid you know that having a well-designed website can strengthen your business image and improve your branding? Your online presence increases your customers’ experience, confidence, and loyalty. In addition, your online presence signals that your business is professional and stays ahead of high-tech developments in the retail industry. It sends the signal to your customers that your business is growing and successful.An online presence is also a way to give your customers access to information about the products or services that your business offers. Nowadays, customers like to be well informed about what they are buying, prior to making a purchase. You create value for your business and develop a relationship with customers by helping the get them the information that they need.You can continue to build on that consumer connection with different types of online content. Blogs, for instance, are a simple and effective communication tool that can engage customers. A blog is a creative way of providing information with reviews and testimonials, and encourage conversations and comments from readers and customers.
- Visibility and ReachNowadays, most inquiries about products and services are made online. So if you expect your clients to find your business, it needs to have a web presence. Online accessibility also increases your business reach by making you visible to customers all over the world. Therefore, you are no longer limited to your local customers.
- Anytime AvailabilityAnother key benefit to having an e-commerce website, is that your clients and prospects can read about your products and place orders anytime, anywhere around the world. Having a website means that your business can operate 24/7, unrestricted by the confines of traditional business hours.
- CompetitionWhat can we do to beat your competitors? The real trick is to do things better than them. Digital marketing tools offer plenty of options that allow you to experiment with better online branding and marketing. The next step is to integrate your offline and online marketing within a plan that works with your business strategy and your budget.A professional-looking website can even level the playing field for smaller companies trying to compete against larger enterprises! It is way for your business to always stay in the game because, if consumers don’t find you on the web, chances are they’ll find your competitors.
- Customer ExperienceConsumer demands are continuously shifting and in order to stay current, you must evolve to meet ever-changing consumer preferences. This means you must be up-to-date and knowledgeable about what your consumers are looking for, what they want, what they like and what they dislike.By including content in your website such as videos, product spec sheets, or FAQ, you provide a significant amount of perennial information that remains valuable to your customers for extended periods of time. This saves you the time of having to provide the same information over and over.Creating a company website can also give you the tools to measure your business performance by tracking how your offer and services are faring on the market. Tools like opinion polls, surveys, and statistical information can be used to measure your progress in areas like customer service and reliability.
- Operation CostsDid you know that the one-time cost of designing a website, including annual renewal fees (domain & hosting), represents only a small fraction of the average annual spend on marketing initiatives? The web offers equal opportunities to all businesses no matter the size, budget or location.
- More revenuesA report by the Altagamma-McKinsey Online Observatory found that 20% of online and in-store sales were driven by online marketing. Aside from the potential increase in earnings, by going digital your business will keep up with trends in social media, innovations in search engine optimization (SEO), display advertising, and content marketing.Will your online business bring in more profit, or will your offline business be the real money-maker? There too are many variables to say. What we can say, however, is that long-term success depends on your visibility and accessibility both online and offline.
With ACCEO Smart Vendor you can offer your customers a seamless e-commerce experience. The eStore’360 add-on module allows you to manage both your online and offline sales from one, shared system.
eStore’360 lets you share inventory between your online store and your warehouse in real-time so your stock is always up to date.
See how eStore’360 helps you stay in sync >